- Studies have shown that cellular phone use leads to higher levels of oxidative stress in the brain. Oxidative stress represents damage to the brain's tissue. Now a recent study has shown that Ginko biloba can protect the brain from cellphone-induced oxidative damage.
- Surgical anaesthesia reduces the body's ability to combat oxidative damage naturally, so elevating antioxidant levels prior to surgery will help avoid the additional damage due to higher oxidation levels.
- Magnesium deficiency -- one of the most common nutrient deficiencies -- can result in higher levels of Substance P, a chemical which plays an important role in pain sensitivity. Mice kept in magnesium-deficient states showed higher levels of Substance P as well as other inflammatory chemicals.
- Higher levels of Vitamin B complex can reduce a smoker's risk of cancer. That's still no excuse to smoke, especially when there are now a number of pharmaceutical-free ways to help you quit.
- Coenzyme Q-10 can increase the sperm count and sperm health of infertile men.
There you go. Now you know 5 more things about nutrition than almost everybody else.